In the past, when this article was hosted at services-seo.net, this article was about getting links, but the final effect of recommended link building wasn't guarnateed. Even though the result cannot be guaranteed at all, I'll rather describe a new way of getting natural links without spending a penny, without spending weeks sending emails.
Keep it simple stupid!
Don't worry about 3 way link building, 4 way link building or other fucking schemes that try to fool Google
! Instead, think wisely. As a webmaster you probably visited websites of your visitors (if you haven't done so yet, you should reconsider being a webmaster ;) ) and this is the most important knowledge out of all in this case!
Exchange Links, Exchange More Links and Exchange More Than More Links!
Knowing that your competitors do visit your website gives you an opportunity to ask for a link exchange. A link exchange
- Is relevant, because your competitors own websites in the same niche like you do!
- Is easy, because you're not spending your time or wasting money on links builders!
- Brings numerous possibilities of gaining links to homepages and internal pages that would never exist!
How Exactly to Exchange Links in a Natural Way?
Put a small banner or paragraph at the top of every of your website's pages saying that you're looking for a link exchange. Make it visible, don't worry if it lowers your AdSense
earnings by 0.1%! Bear in mind that sooner or later you'll start receiving enquiries and some will be of very good quality for sure!
Exchange Links and don't be Fool
By exchanging links with websites of lower PageRank than your website has got, with websites that get less visits, with websites that don't look so cool, with websites that are not so old you're not making any mistake! Instead, these websites will be most likely active in the next few years or more and their webmasters do really care!
What to Avoid
However, some enquiries must be rejected...
- If websites are not yet indexed,
- If websites are banned by Google,
- If websites have no PageRank yet,
- If websites offer no valuable content or service!
Make links look natural, not like bought!
It is important to exchange links the way they look natural. Avoid exchanging links that are a list of links in the footer, sidebar or so. The last thing you're looking for is that Google recognises your not bought links as paid ones. Do not limit yourself to exchange links pointing to the homepages only! Instead, try to get as many internal links as possible. The links don't have to be reciprocal! This is SEO!
Be Prepared... Always
Some dishonest webmasters remove links after a month or two. Check the exchanged links each month or two to make sure that:
- Links to your website still exist,
- You're not linking to non-existing pages (some webmasters change URL's without redirecting the old pages to new ones, some webmasters park their websites, ... anything can happen!)
This is a really natural and non-spammy search engine optimisation technique that requires very little time. It's up to you if you accept the offer or not. No spamming! Of course, your website has to have some traffic already... It won't work on a new website. For all new websites:
- Submit your website into some free directories (try submitalink.net too)
- Work, work and work!
- Don't spam
You may wonder... Why I'm not using this technique on this website yet. Well... If you don't see any mention about links exchange possibility here, it's because of one or more of these reasons:
- services-seo.net hasn't been 100% moved here yet
- I'm thinking about how to integrate this thing into the layout
15 October 2009, originally published on September 12, 2007